Dynamic Power Sharing (DPS) monitors a building’s demand and compares it to its maximum allowable value. When it is lower than the maximum, DPS can supply all the remaining available power to reach the maximum to the charging network. Contrarily, if the buildings’ demand is equal or greater than its maximum permitted value, no power will be supplied to the charging stations.
It can be seen that just by taking advantage of periods where there is low demand from the building side, the charging network’s demand can be satisfied without having to increase the installation’s overall power.
1. Compatible Wallbox chargers
Find below the list of Wallbox chargers compatible with Dynamic Power Sharing:
- Pulsar Plus
- Commander 2
- Copper SB
2. Installation requirements
In order to enable Dynamic Power Sharing, you will need to combine it with an energy meter.
Choose the energy meter that is compatible with your electrical network between the ones listed below:
- Carlo Gavazzi EM112 or EM330, EM340 version PF.B or PF.A
- Inepro PRO2, PRO380, or N1 CT
- Temco SPM1-100-AC
3. Enabling Dynamic Power Sharing
- Make sure your Wallbox charger and myWallbox mobile app have the latest version available (you can check its version in your Play Store or App Store).
- Log into the myWallbox app by filling in your credentials, or register if you do not have an account yet.
- Connect to your charger via Bluetooth.
- Select your charger and stay within its Bluetooth range during all the following steps. If you did not link your charger to your myWallbox account yet, please follow these instructions to do so.
- Once your charger and myWallbox app are synchronized, go to Settings.
- Click Upgrades.
- Click the Power Sharing icon.
- Indicate the Number of chargers present on the installation.
In the Max. current per phase field, specify the main breaker rate current or subscribed current (in amps), whichever is lower.
- Define the Min. current per charger (in amps) that each charger will operate.
Turn on Dynamic Power Sharing. Specify the Building breaker max current (in amps) and the Subscribed power (in kVa).
Click Save and ensure that the status “Primary charger with all secondary chargers paired” appears.
In case the Power Sharing icon is not selectable, follow the steps below:
- Power off and power on your charger,
- Check all cables for correct installation,
- Verify if the correct cable type is used,
- Check if the switch is settled correctly to “T” or “NT”,
- Check if your charger software is up to date,
- Make sure that you are connected to your charger using Bluetooth.