Table of Contents
- Stay close to the charger (within six meters) and make sure there is no obstacle between you and the charger.
- Restart your smartphone fully. Once it has restarted, turn the Wi-Fi feature off, and just leave the Bluetooth on.
- Ensure that Location Permission is given for the myWallbox app.
- Power off the charger’s power supply for a couple of seconds and power it on again. Wait until the LED turns green again.
- Log in to the myWallbox app and select your charger from the list. If the charger doesn’t appear, make sure that you already added it to your myWallbox account.
- Your smartphone will ask for Bluetooth permissions, click “Accept”.
- Wait for the Bluetooth connection to be established (the charger screen will turn green and displays “READY”).
- In case you are still unable to connect to your charger, download the myWallbox app on another smartphone and try to connect to your charger. You can use the same Wallbox account credentials to log into the myWallbox app across all devices:
- The other smartphone is ABLE to connect to your charger: the issue might come for your smartphone.
- The other smartphone is UNABLE to connect to your charger: perform a full restore of your charger and try to connect to it again.
- No walls and no ceiling in: 25m
- One wall or one ceiling: 15m
- Two walls or two ceiling, or One wall and one ceiling: 5m
- Make sure the router is on and working on other devices.
- Restart the router.
- Uninstall the myWallbox app completely and install it again.
- Please fully restart your phone.
- Power cycle the charger. Please turn off the power supply to the charger for a minimum of 20 seconds and wait until it’s back showing green colour again.
- Do a charger restart through the app.
- Use the smartphone as a hotspot and connect the charger to it.
- Restore the charger through the app and try to connect.
- Update the charger software if needed and try to connect.
- Make sure that you can see your Wi-Fi appearing in your smartphone Wi-Fi settings and that you can connect to it, if not, restart your Internet router and your smartphone.
- Once you can see your Wi-Fi appearing in your smartphone Wi-Fi list, restart the myWallbox app.
- Try again to connect your charger to your Wi-Fi in the myWallbox app.
- Make sure your Internet source is close enough from your charger, that there is no big obstacles between it and your charger, and that the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough.
- If your Wi-Fi name or password contain special characters that are included in the ASCII printable character, remove them.
- Restart your Internet source, your myWallbox app and your charger.
- Try to connect to your Wi-Fi again.
- Big obstacles between your Internet router and your charger, resulting in a weak Wi-Fi signal. Try to move the Internet router closer to your charger to see if it solves the problem.
- Your Internet router is not close enough the Wi-Fi range of your charger, resulting in a weak Wi-Fi signal. Try to move it closer to your charger to see if it solves the problem.
- Your Internet router is misconfigured. You can refer to your Internet provider to check its configuration.
Try the Ethernet cable with another device:
If the cable still doesn’t work, try using a different Ethernet cable.
If the cable works, continue with step 2.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi feature of your charger and try to connect the Ethernet cable again.
- If the connection is still not working, contact your internet provider.
Restore and Update issues
Power and Charging issues
- The power could be limited by your car settings, make sure to check them.
- It could be due to the number of phases in your charger or the electric installation itself.
- Your car battery could be almost full already and the charging power is automatically reduced to ensure a safe charge.
- Some car models have to be doors closed to perform a full power charge, make sure to check if your car has this feature.
- The power is limited in the myWallbox app:
- Log into the myWallbox app.
- Select your charger.
- Turn the wheel button in the charger screen to change the power limitation.
- Make sure the EV-gun is properly and firmly connected to the car.
- Make sure that your charger is connected to Internet and its software is up to date (refer to our software update guide).
- Make sure that you are running the last myWallbox app version (you can do so by checking your app in the Play Store/App Store of our phone).
- Make sure that there is no scheduled charge in the myWallbox app or your car system.
- Close the windows of your car and lock it.
- Restart the myWallbox app and try to start a charge again.
myWallbox app & portal issues
- Check that there are no charges already scheduled in your car settings via its control board.
- Make sure your smartphone and your charger are connected via the myWallbox app using Bluetooth. You can try to lock/unlock your charger to check if the Bluetooth connection is correctly established.
- If the EV-gun is connected to your car, unplug it and make sure to unlock your charger if it is locked.
- Delete all the scheduled charges you might have in the myWallbox app.
- Create a new “test” scheduled charge that should start in the next 5 minutes.
- Plug your car and wait for the “test” scheduled charge to start.
- If the issue is fixed, delete the scheduled “test” charge you just created and go ahead with the schedule you need.
- Ensure your smartphone is connected to the Internet.
- Usually, closing the app completely (make sure it is not running as “background” app neither) and reopening it fix the issue. If the problem persists:
- Delete and reinstall the myWallbox app. Log back in to the app once reinstalled.
Power Off your charger for at least 5 seconds, and turn it back on.
Reconnect to your charger via Bluetooth, if the wheel turns purple in the app it means that the synchronization between your charger and the app is being performed and the issue should be fixed.