Eco-Smart allows you to use the green energy from your home solar panels or wind turbines to charge your electric vehicle most efficiently and sustainably. It has two different charging modes to choose from:
- Eco mode: Minimize the use of grid power while charging your EV by combining it with any surplus green energy available. Eco mode detects the green energy not used elsewhere in your home in real time and mixes it with energy from the grid to ensure an efficient charge.
- Full green mode: Use exclusively green energy to charge your car. The Full green mode will detect when surplus green energy is available at your home to meet the minimum requirements to power your vehicle. Your car will begin charging, meaning every charge is fully green*1.
1. Installation requirements
To enable Eco-Smart, you must combine it with an energy meter sold by Wallbox.
Choose the energy meter that is compatible with your electrical network between the ones listed below:
- Carlo Gavazzi EM112 or EM330, EM340*2
- Inepro PRO2, PRO380, or N1 CT
- P1 Port Meter
3. Eco-Smart charging
Eco mode: Eco mode starts a charge with a minimum surplus of 2A (approx. 460W). The grid then complements this surplus for the charge session to begin. The grid will only be utilised while the charge starts, so a maximum of 4A will be used.
Full green mode: With Full green mode, the charge starts only if the surplus is equal to or greater than 6A (approx. 1380W), as this is the lowest charging current at which a vehicle can charge.
Eco-Smart checks the total active power, L1+L2+L3, so if the sum of all the phases exceeds the required power, it will start a charge, regardless of whether the system is balanced. This is to ensure that the surplus of energy is used.
Eco mode: The power needed is 2A per phase, or 6A (total sum of L1+L2+L3).
Full green mode: In Full green mode, the charge starts if the surpluses are equal to or greater than 3x6A (approx. 4140W), as this is the lowest charging current of a three-phase vehicle.
4. Enabling Eco-Smart
- Ensure your Wallbox charger and myWallbox app have the latest version (you can check its version in your Play Store or App Store).
- Log into the myWallbox app by filling in your credentials, or register if you do not have an account yet.
- Connect to your charger via Bluetooth.
- On the charger screen, select the charger you wish to activate the Eco-Smart feature for.
- Once synchronization is complete, tap the cogwheel to access the Settings.
- Click Upgrades.
- It is recommended to activate Power Boost before enabling Eco-Smart. Once Power Boost is activated, tap the Eco-Smart feature to access its settings.
- Tap “Let’s start” to start using Eco-Smart.
- Enable the Eco-Smart feature by switching the button to the ON position.
- You now have a choice to select two Eco-Smart modes. Select the mode you wish to use, Eco or Full green mode.
- Click Save.
The Eco-Smart feature is now activated with the mode you have selected.
5. Using Eco-Smart
- Unlock your charger.
- Plug your EV. The charger’s LED will turn fair blue, and the message “Waiting for green energy” will be displayed in the myWallbox app and portal.
- The charge will start automatically as soon as the Eco-conditions are met, which means after a delay of 2 minutes of receiving surpluses.