Eco-Smart allows you to use the green energy generated from your home solar panels or wind turbines to charge your electric vehicle most efficiently and sustainably. It has two different charging modes to choose from:
- Eco-mode: Minimize the use of grid power while charging your EV by combining it with any surplus green energy available. Eco mode detects the green energy not used elsewhere in your home in real-time and mixes it with energy from the grid to ensure an efficient charge.
- Full-Green: Use exclusively green energy to charge your car. The full-Green mode will detect when surplus green energy is available at your home to meet the minimum requirements to power your car. Your car will begin charging, meaning every charge is fully green*1.
1. Compatible Wallbox chargers
Find below the list of Wallbox chargers compatible with Eco-Smart. This list is subject to change and will be updated regularly:
- Pulsar Plus
2. Installation requirements
To enable Eco-Smart, you must combine it with an energy meter.
Choose the energy meter that is compatible with your electrical network between the one listed below:
- Carlo Gavazzi EM112 or EM330, EM340 version PF.B*2
- Inepro PRO2, PRO380, or N1 CT
3. Eco-smart charging
Eco-mode: Eco-mode starts a charge with a surplus of 2A or 440W. The grid then complements this surplus for the charge to begin. The grid will only be utilised while the charge starts so a maximum of 4A will be used.
Full-green: With Full-green, the charge starts only if the surpluses are equal to 6A (1380W) or more as this is the lowest charging current of a vehicle.
Eco-Smart checks the total active power, L1+L2+L3, so if the sum of all the phases is over the required power, it will start a charge, regardless of whether the system is balanced. This is to ensure that the surplus of power is used.
Eco-mode: The power needed is 2A per phase, or 6A (total sum of L1+L2+L3).
Full-green: In Full-green mode, the charge starts if the surpluses are equal to 3x6A (4140W) or more as this is the lowest charging current of a three-phase vehicle.
4. Enabling Eco-Smart
- Ensure your Wallbox charger and myWallbox app have the latest version (you can check its version in your Play Store or App Store).
- Log into the myWallbox app by filling in your credentials, or register if you do not have an account yet.
- Connect to your charger via Bluetooth.
- On the charger screen, select the charger you wish to activate the Eco-Smart feature for.
- Once synchronization is complete, tap the cogwheel to access the Settings.
- Click Upgrades.
- It is recommended to activate Power Boost before enabling Eco-Smart. Once Power Boost is activated tap the Eco-Smart feature to access its settings.
- Tap “Let’s start” to start using Eco-Smart.
- Enable the Eco-Smart feature by switching the button to the ON position.
- You now have a choice to select two Eco-Smart modes. Select the mode that you wish to use, Eco or Full-Green.
- Click Save.
The Eco-Smart feature is now activated with the mode you have selected.
5. Using Eco-Smart
- Unlock your charger.
- Plug your EV. The charger’s LED will turn to fair blue and the message “CONNECTED. WAITING FOR GREEN ENERGY” will display in the myWallbox app and portal.
- The charge will start automatically as soon as the Eco-conditions are met, which means after a delay of 2 minutes of receiving surpluses.