Eco-Smart allows you to use the green energy generated from your solar panels at home to charge your electric vehicle in the most efficient and sustainable way. It has two different charging modes to choose from:
- Eco: Minimize the use of grid power while charging your EV by combining it with any surplus green energy available. Eco mode detects the green energy that is not being used elsewhere in your home in real-time and mixes it with energy from the grid to ensure an efficient charge.
- Full-Green: Use exclusively green energy to charge your car. Full-Green mode will detect when there is enough surplus green energy available at your home to meet the minimum requirements needed to power your car. Only then will your car begin charging, meaning every charge is fully green*1.
Compatible Wallbox chargers
Find below the list of Wallbox chargers compatible with Eco-Smart. This list is subject to change and will be updated regularly:
- Pulsar Plus
In order to enable Eco-smart in your charger, you will need to combine it with our compatible energy meter: EM530
Also, you will need to set the inverter mode of your energy generation system to “Export” to the grid the surpluses of green energy not used*3.
Eco-Smart checks the total active power in L1+L2, and starts charging with the following power: in Eco mode at 460W per phase and in Full Green at 1380W per phase.
- Make sure your Wallbox charger and myWallbox mobile app have the latest version available (you can check its version in your Play Store or App Store).
- Connect to your charger via Bluetooth.
- Log into the myWallbox app by filling in your credentials, or register if you do not have an account yet.
- On the charger screen, select the charger you wish to activate the Eco-Smart feature for. If you did not link your charger to your myWallbox account yet, please follow these instructions to do so.
- Once synchronization is complete, tap the cogwheel to access the Settings.
- Click Upgrades.
- It is recommended to activate Power Boost (1) before enabling Eco-Smart. Once Power Boost is activated, tap the Eco-Smart (2) feature to access its settings.
- Tap “Let’s start” to start using Eco-Smart.
- Enable the Eco-Smart feature by switching the button to the ON position.
- You now have a choice to select two Eco-Smart modes. Select the mode that you wish to use, Eco or Full-Green.
- Then click Save. The Eco-Smart feature is now activated with the mode you have selected.
- Unlock your charger.
- Plug your EV. The charger’s LED will turn to light blue and the message “CONNECTED. WAITING FOR GREEN ENERGY” will display in myWallbox App and portal.
- The charge will start automatically as soon as the Eco-conditions are met, which means after a delay of 2 minutes of receiving surpluses. After the charging session has begun, if there are not enough surpluses for 30 seconds in a row, the charging session will automatically be paused and restart once the conditions are met again.