Updating your charger remotely through myWallbox portal
Wallbox always wants to provide its customers the best products, services and user experience. A very important part of this user experience is the myWallbox portal.
The mywallbox portal enables you to have full control of your charging experience, collecting charger session information, statistics, consumption, users, etc. You can also manage the energy consumption and cost savings related to electric vehicle adoption.
To ensure that the charger performs its designated tasks proficiently, updating the charger’s firmware whenever updates are available is very important. With the subscription of Wallbox Standard or Wallbox Business plan you can perform the firmware updates remotely. This enables you to update your charger from any location without being physically present at the charger’s location.
2. Requirements for performing the update
If you are the super-administrator or the administrator of the group, you can perform the remote update.
To perform the remote update, ensure that the following requirements are met:
- Subscription to either Wallbox Standard or Wallbox Business plan.
- The charger must be connected to the cloud.
- The available update icon on the mywallbox portal will be only be shown if the charger is connected to the cloud.
- Ensure that you have a remote-update compatible charger. All the chargers are compatible with remote updating except Wallbox Pulsar.
3. Remote Updating Process
- Log on to the mywallbox portal.
- Access the Chargers page.
- Check if an update is available for your charger.
Note: Look for the update available icon besides the charger name.
- Click the charger name for which an update is available.
The charger details page is displayed.
- If an update is not available, the update available icon appears in grey color.
- If an update is available, the update available icon appears in green color.
- Hover your cursor on the update available icon.
The ¨Update Available¨ message is displayed.
- Click the update available icon to start the update process.
The CHARGER UPDATE modal window displaying the update details appears.
- Click OKAY.
The update process begins.
The update available icon now turns purple along with the charger state icon.
Note: The charger becomes unavailable for use while it is updating. You can resume using the charger in few minutes once the update is complete.
How do I cancel the update?
You can cancel the update by clicking outside the modal. The modal will disappear.
What happens if an update fails?
If the update fails and Cloud detects that there is an available update, the process can be performed again.