To set up your charger(s) for the Pay per Charge billing solution, you must create billing rates and assign them to your charger.
For the Pay per Charge option, just as for the monthly billing solution, you can choose between three charging methods based on variable fees:
- Time reservation fee (charged in Price — EUR* / Hour)
- Consumed energy fee (charged in Price — EUR* / kWh) – your charger needs to be equipped with a MID meter to use this charging method.
- Charging time fee (charged in Price — EUR* / Hour)
On top of these variable fees, you can add a fixed service fee that will apply to all your users’ charging sessions (this can be likened to a charger unlocking fee).
*The currency depends on the configuration of your Organization.
Creating and assigning a Pay per Charge billing rate
Follow the steps below to create and assign a rate to your charger(s):
- Log in to the myWallbox portal.
- Go to Chargers.
- Select the charger you want to give a billing rate to.
- Click Payments Settings.
- Enable the Guest access option.
- (Recommended) You can also set the Auto-lock protection time from here, this option will automatically lock your charger after a given time to protect it from unauthorized uses.
- Switch the toggle button for Pay per charge and click on the Rates drop-down menu.
- Click Create a new rate, and you are redirected to the Rate creation page.
- Name and configure your new rate.
- Click Save.
- Your rate is now assigned to your charger(s)/location(s).
Managing your rates
As mentioned in the previous steps, you can fully manage all your rates via the dedicated Payments > Rates area.
Here you can view all your rates, and their properties (variable fee type, price, …) and check if they are assigned at a glance. You can also create new rates, delete them or modify them directly from this area.