Pay per Charge allows other myWallbox users to charge their EVs with your charger(s). By scanning the QR code on your charger, any EV driver with a myWallbox account can start a paid charging session. The user will be billed immediately at the end of the charging session, accordingly to the rate you define, the
Continue reading to set up your charger(s) for the Pay per Charge billing solution.
1. Available Rates Overview
The Pay per Charge feature, just like the monthly billing solution (Pay per Month), lets you choose between three charging methods to charge your users:
- Time reservation fee (charged in Price — EUR* / Hour)
- Consumed energy fee (charged in Price — EUR* / kWh) – your charger needs to be equipped with a MID meter to use this charging method.
- Charging time fee (charged in Price — EUR* / Hour)
On top of the abovementioned fees, you can add a fixed service fee that will apply to all your users’ charging sessions. It can be likened to a charger unlocking fee.
*The currency depends on the configuration of your Organization.
2. Creating and assigning a Pay per Charge rate
To start monetising your charger(s), you must create billing rates and assign them to your charger. Follow the steps below to create and assign a rate to a charger:
- Log in to the myWallbox portal.
- Go to Chargers.
- Select the charger you want to monetise.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Payments section.
- Enable the Pay per Charge option.
- Click the Select rate drop-down and click + Create rate (or select a rate you already defined beforehand).
- Name and configure your new rate. Refer to this article’s first part to understand each rate better.
- Click Save.
Your rate is now assigned to your charger!
3. Making your charger accessible to other users
Your charger is ready to charge your users for their charging sessions. The last steps you must go through to ensure your users can access your charging points are the following:
- Generate a QR code that you must display on the charger, so your future users can scan it with the myWallbox app to start their charging sessions and be billed.
- Generate and display charging instructions to help your users understand the charging process.
4. Managing your rates
You can fully manage all your rates following this path: Payments (in the left menu) > Rates.
From there, you can view all your rates and their properties (variable fee type, price, …) and check if they are assigned at a glance. You can also create new rates, delete them or modify them directly from this area.