The V2H (Vehicle to Home) functionality allows your Quasar to be used to supply power from your electric EV’s battery to your house or, possibly, another kind of building.
1. Compatible Wallbox chargers
Find below the list of Wallbox chargers compatible with Vehicle to Home:
2. Installation requirements
To enable Vehicle to Home for your Quasar, you’ll need to combine it with an Energy Meter.
Choose the energy meter that is compatible with your electrical network between the compatibles ones below:
- Carlo Gavazzi EM112 version PF.B*
- Inepro PRO2 or N1 CT
2. Enabling Vehicle to Home
Follow these steps to activate Vehicle to Home for your Quasar:
- Ensure your Wallbox charger and myWallbox mobile app have the latest version (you can check its version in your Play Store or App Store).
- Log into the myWallbox app by filling in your credentials, or register if you do not have an account yet.
- Select your charger and stay within its Bluetooth range during all the following steps. Follow these instructions if you have not yet linked your charger to your myWallbox account.
- Connect to your charger via Bluetooth and wait until the connection is established.
- To activate Vehicle to Home, you must first enable Power Boost. Refer to the Power Boost article to activate it.
- Once you have configured Power Boost properly, go to Settings.
- Click Upgrades.
- Click Vehicle to Home.
- Enable the Vehicle to Home feature by switching the button to the ON position.
- In Max Current per phase of installation (in amps), specify the main breaker rated current. The value specified has to be equal to or greater than the MAX. CURRENT PER PHASE (in amps) set for Power Boost.
- Click Save.
- [CASE 1] If the Max Current per phase of the installation is greater than the Power Boost current, you need to turn on the Preventive discharge feature. Once done, click SAVE and Vehicle to Home will be fully configurated.
- [CASE 2] If the Max Current per phase set in Vehicle to Home equals Power Boost current per phase, just click SAVE and Vehicle to Home will be activated.
- [CASE 3] If the Max Current per phase of installation set in Vehicle to Home is lower than the Power Boost current per phase, you will not be able to save this configuration, and an error message will display. Set a value greater or equal to Power Boost current per phase to enable Vehicle to Home.
In case the Vehicle to Home icon is not selectable, follow the steps below:
- Power off and power on your charger,
- Check all cables for correct installation,
- Verify if the correct cable type is used,
- Check if the switch is settled correctly to “T” or “NT”,
- Check if your charger software is up to date,
- Make sure that you are connected to your charger using Bluetooth.