You can improve the charging performance of the chargers connected to your infrastructure by activating Power Sharing.
Power Sharing distributes the electrical energy equally among all interconnected chargers, resulting in more efficient charging activity for all the chargers connected.
1. Compatible Wallbox chargers
Find below the list of Wallbox chargers compatible with Power Sharing:
- Pulsar Plus
- Commander 2
- Copper SB
2. Enabling Power Sharing
Follow these steps to activate Power Sharing:
- Make sure your Wallbox charger and myWallbox app have the latest version available (you can check its version in your Play Store or App Store).
- Log into the myWallbox app by filling in your credentials, or register if you do not have an account yet.
- Connect to your charger via Bluetooth.
- Select your charger and stay within its Bluetooth range during all the following steps. If you did not link your charger to your myWallbox account yet, please follow these instructions to do so.
- Once your charger and myWallbox App are synchronized (the charging wheel will turn green on your app), go to Settings.
- Click Upgrades.
- Click the Power Sharing icon.
- Indicate the Number of chargers that are present on the installation.
- In the Max. current per phase field, specify the main breaker rated current or subscribed current (in amps), whichever is lower.
- Define the Min. current per charger (in amps) that each charger will operate.
- Click Save and ensure that the status “Primary charger with all secondary chargers paired” appears.
In case the Power Sharing icon is not selectable, follow the steps below:
- Power off and power on your charger,
- Check all cables for correct installation,
- Verify if the correct cable type is used,
- Check if the switch is settled correctly to “T” or “NT”,
- Check if your charger software is up to date,
- Make sure that you are connected to your charger using Bluetooth.