The Quick Response (QR) code helps in easing the process of linking your charger to your myWallbox account in the myWallbox mobile app. By just scanning the QR code located in the charger’s left lateral, all relevant information for this process (Serial Number, UID, Country, and state or region) are automatically introduced. To acquire this information, the user’s consent is always requested.
It is assumed that the users have downloaded and signed up on the myWallbox mobile app. If you haven’t created an account, click here to learn how to create one from the mobile app or here from the portal.
IMPORTANT: In order to enable this functionality, it is a must that your mobile device has an internet connection. You don’t have to be close to the charger to follow this process, and the charger can be turned off or not even installed yet.
Through myWallbox App:
The steps to add your charger through this procedure are the following :
- Open the myWallbox app, create an account if do not have one yet (follow these links to learn how to create an account from the mobile app and from the website), and click on “I already have a charger” to start adding your charger to your new myWallbox account.
- If you already have added chargers in the past, just log in and, depending on the app version you are currently using, scroll to the right side until you can select the “+” icon displaying in the middle of your screen (left image below) or just click the “+” icon on the bottom right corner of your screen (right image below).
- Scan the QR code placed on the left lateral of your charger. In case there is any issue with the QR code, click the ADD MANUALLY option. If you need help to find the SN and UID of your charger, you can simply click on the “i” icon to display help (right image below) or refer to our article: Where to find the DN and UID of your charger?
- Verify if the Serial Number, UID, Country, and state or region are all matching your charger information and click the CONFIRM button. In case any field is missing, fill it manually and then click CONFIRM.
- Your charger shall now appear in your myWallbox account charger’s list!
Through myWallbox Portal:
IMPORTANT: The supported browsers for myWallbox portal are Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Remember that to add a charger through the portal you must have a Standard or Business MyWallbox account subscription.
Before starting, please make sure your computer is connected to the internet. You do not have to be close to the charger to follow this process, and the charger can be turned off or not even installed yet.
- Login into the myWallbox portal (https://my.wallbox.com/login) and fill in your credentials.
- Once logged in, you will access the portal’s main menu. In the menu select “Chargers”, then “Add a new charger”:
- An “add charger” pop-up will appear. Fill in both the Serial Number and UID (Unique Identification Number) and press “accept”. A pop-up message will appear notifying you that your charger has been added successfully.
- The charger now appears in your list of chargers.
A charger can only be added once hence, once you have linked it to your account, no one else will be able to add it.
A user will be able to scan the QR code and all information will automatically be filled in the corresponding fields in the app. However, in order to ADD the charger, connection to the Internet is a must.