You can charge your EV with a public Wallbox charger by scanning the QR code attached.
1. To start a charging session
- Open the myWallbox app. To ensure the steps below run smoothly, ensure your App has the latest version available (you can check the app version in your Play Store or App Store).
- Log in with your credentials in the myWallbox app. Don’t have an account yet? You can create one by following this article.
- Once logged in, tap Public charge, then on the “Start charging” button.
- Allow access to the camera of your phone if asked.
- Scan the QR code affixed to the charger by aligning it with the frame.
- Set the charging time for the session.
- Click Continue.
- Select your payment method.
- Click Confirm.
- Connect the EV gun to your car.
The charging session begins.
2. To end a charging session
- Open the myWallbox app and unlock the EV gun by pressing the “End charge” button.
- Disconnect the connector and put it back in its holster.
- Wait until the payment process ends.
- The charge is now complete.
I was charged 80,00€ for my charging session despite not using this amount. What happened?
When using Apple Pay or Google Pay, Wallbox pre-authorizes 80,00€ on your card, then the exact amount due is captured, and the delta is refunded. The refund usually appears immediately but can take 5-10 business days to show up on your account, depending on your bank.
The charging session did not start, or an error message appeared. What can I do?
Unplug the EV gun and try to start the charging session over again to solve the issue.