Pay per Month is the most convenient solution for EV Drivers that need to charge their car regularly using your facilities. Enrol your users on a monthly subscription to allow them to easily access your charging services through the myWallbox app and be billed monthly according to the rate you defined.
To set up your charger(s) for the Pay per Month billing solution, you must create billing rates and assign them to your charger to start billing your users. Follow this article to be guided in this process.
1. Available Rates Overview
The monthly billing solution, just like the Pay per Charge solution, lets you choose between three charging methods based on variable fees:
- Charging time fee (charged in Price — EUR* / Hour)
- Consumed energy fee (charged in Price — EUR* / kWh) – a MID meter needs to be installed with your charging point to use this charging method.
- Time reservation fee (charged in Price — EUR* / Hour)
On top of the abovementioned fees, you can add a fixed service fee that will apply to all your users’ charging sessions. It can be likened to a charger unlocking fee.
*The currency depends on the configuration of your Space.
2. Creating and assigning a Pay per Month rate
To monetise your charger(s), you must create billing rates and assign them to your charger. Follow the steps below to create and assign a rate to a charger:
- Log in to the myWallbox portal.
- Go to Chargers.
- Select the charger you want to monetise.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Payments section.
- Enable the Pay per Month option.
- Click the Select rate drop-down and click + Create rate (or select a rate you already defined beforehand).
- Name and configure your new rate. Refer to the first part of this post to better understand each charging fee method.
- Click Save.
Your rate is now assigned to your charger!
4. Managing your rates
As mentioned in the previous steps, you can fully manage all your rates via the dedicated Payments > Rates area.
Here you can view all your rates and their properties (variable fee type, price, …) and check if they are assigned at a glance. You can also create new rates, delete them or modify them directly from this area.